Thursday, April 26, 2012

Last of the PokeCardMonsters...

Well, at least for the Next Destinies expansion. Yes, I have finished off my openings for the Next Destinies boosters, no this does not mean I will still be getting a booster box :( My counts are a little off, but to date, I have opened about the same amount of booster packs that would be in a box, so really, I figure I've opened a box. The set is not complete, not by a long shot, and I'm currently undecided as to whether I want to actually finish it or not. Either way, I wanted to be done with next destinies to begin making way for the next pokemon tcg expansion: Dark Explorers (I literally just almost typed 'Dark Shadows' ...).

My thoughts on the set; These cards were pretty cool, 'nuff said. What? thats not a good enough though? Ok, fine; The cards were amazing, and I never thought I would enjoy collecting pokemon cards again. Many of the cool cards that I got were more than I expected to get. Why? I came from collecting as a kid with the expansions up to the gym heroes set, to an adult with the Next Destinies expansion. The gap in between those sets made for some pretty big changes to the game in general. I never was guaranteed a holo in the early packs, and now I seem to pull them left right and center.

My biggest aspirations for the set were the EX cards, and boy did I get lucky with those. I pulled 3 from the booster packs, and one from a spring tin; Reshiram EX, Regigigas EX (full art), Kyurem EX, and Zekrom EX. Now while these may not be the best of the best, they were sure a surprise when I pulled them.

Overall, the set contains some great cards. Now, I'm not an expert at the game so i can't really review each of the good cards, but I can say that there are some that are def. worth it if you do play, as well as collect. I hope to do scans of the cards soon (at least of the ones I have) for my gallery of cards.

There will be many more videos in the coming weeks. I have a Japanese BW Set 5 Box on its way, as well, I am preparing for the Dark Explorers box that I will buy for sure. I'll be posting my latest video on my YT channel asap, so be sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment